- Went back to being myself.
- Laughed till my sides hurt.
- Cried till my mouth went dry.
- Made a Yearbook with classmates.
- Got gripped by a fear of losing loved ones.
- Saw solid relationships fall apart.
- Saw a masterpiece of a movie (Read: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.)
- Loved studying Internet Communication Engineering.
- Finally wore a skirt.
- Saw a blunder of a movie (Read: London Dreams)
- Spent quality time with mom.
- Had a heart to heart chat with my sister.
- Went out for a chips date.
- Worried sick about my final semester results.
- Learnt to live in the present.
- Read a masterpiece of a book (Read: The Fountainhead)
- Wrote an unstructured poem (That is what I thought it was!)
- Got inspired by the optimism of a friend.
- Broke someone’s heart.
- Broke my own heart.
- Won movie tickets on the radio.
- Been at an all time low due to joblessness.
- Fasted the entire month of Ramzan.
- Went out on a movie date.
- Made a photo frame and photo album for friends.
- Did a small stint with the TOI.
- Enjoyed being all by myself for an entire month.
- Got obsessed with buying bangles.
- Went out for a coffee date.
- Got disconnected with everyone during my trip to Murud.
- Got hooked to Facebook.
- Had people walking out of my life.
- Stopped eating chips completely for a long period (BIG Achievement for me!)
- Had a heart shattering fight with a very close friend.
- Lost all hope.
- Got picked up by family and friends.
- Made up with that very close friend.
- Learnt how to be politically correct.
- And decided that I don’t wish to be politically correct.
- Read another masterpiece of a book (Read: The Lost Symbol)
- Went out for 2 Chicken Frankie dates.
- Worked with an Ad agency
- Quit the Ad Agency
- Won jewellery on the radio.
- Received an unexpected compliment from a complete stranger.
- Witnessed death in the family.
- Yearned for support when I felt all alone.
- Went out on a bhutta date and fell flat on my face (Actually fell due to wet mud!)
- Damaged my phone but still love it.
- Got wet in the rain.
- Wrote a poem full of pain.
- Disappointed a friend (Well, more than one actually!)
- Tried to make it up to them.
- Took a walk all by myself.
- Went shopping with my girl-friends.
- Got ‘advice’ from ‘adults’
- Was really let down and grossly neglected.
- Made a pencil pouch (the purple one) and embroidered it too.
- Learnt that everything in life is temporary.
- Learnt to value the people and things in my life.
- Prayed fervently. For family, friends and myself.
- Got treated like sh*t.
- Got treated like a princess.
- Went to my old school on Sport’s Day.
- Caught up with old teachers.
- Re-connected with a long lost friend.
- Tore away all my diaries.
- Had huge discussions on national integration.
- Endured a rough month due to almost no water in Nerul.
- Thought Slumdog was way too over-rated.
- Intentionally didn’t reach out for Chetan Bhagat’s book.
- Joined twitter.
- Learnt the hard way that history repeats itself.
- Learnt how to leave things behind.
- Ate a lot of ‘Crispy Chicken’ with my buddies.
- Drank more juice in SEM8 than all the other SEMs put together.
- Saw friends who had left walk back into my life.
- Followed an MTv Show. (My Gosh! What a waste of time! MTv??!!)
- Attended a friend’s wedding (I know, pretty early!)
- Contemplated on teaching in an engineering college (Then I told myself I had lost it!)
- Went out on a Paani Puri Date.
- Wrote an autobiography. The first time in my life!
- Got the shock of my life (Kinda private to disclose!)
- Cursed the Andheri traffic. (Thank God I got out of it alive!)
- Saw another blunder of a movie (Read: Kurbaan)
- Fell in love with the piano instrumental version of ‘Ye Dooriyan’
- Realised that hitting on a guy with girl-friends can be real fun.
- Finally went back to heels.
- Had long nails and painted them too (Another BIG Achievement for me!)
- Couldn’t help a friend out of a spot and felt sick about it.
- Added a new colour to my wardrobe: Black.
- Got ditched umpteen times.
- Stopped expecting things from people.
- Never received ‘No’ for an answer from a friend X whenever I asked for something (In Short: Got pampered.)
- Received tremendous support from family.
- Never shared a recurring issue with anyone.
- Felt really happy on the success of a friend.
- Witnessed injustice towards women and the lower section of society and felt terrible.
- Read a text book of Literature!
- Had the most amazing 6 writers I know, to write for my Blog.
- Wrote 6 pieces for the anniversary post but came up with this 7th one at the eleventh hour!
P.S. 1) Happy Birthday to my blog!!! 🙂
2) Once again, a BIG ‘Thank You’ to all my Guest Writers.
3) A HUGE Thank You to everyone who has been reading and everyone who has supported me all year long.
Lots of Love
my god…! that's such a lot. Very exciting year for you..!Happy Birthday to your blog and wish you a happy new year…!
Thanks a ton! I’ve been trying to reply on blogger wasn’t working. Anyway hope you have a great year ahead!
You remember everything don't you?..:). A nice and honest post. Happy Blogoversary!!
101 haan???……here's hoping u have a much much much eventful yr ahead & for the 2nd anniversary hope u have much more achievements in ur bag….
Thanks Niks. A LOT!!
oh &….saw many many a things new for u in the list(rad wet in rain,no chips,ramzan etc etc….)…gr8 achievements
NO chips is the biggest deal!! 😛
congrats on ur first 'blogoversary'….happy writing
Congratulations!! Although I may be a very new follower of your blog, I think your work is fantastic! Don't stop writing ever! any topic is fine(apart from calculus!!- I'm so mean!!)LOLLoads a wishes and good luck!
Sam…feel like giving u a hug…this post…feels so honest n nice…!!! I am inspired truly…kicked to follow my heart once again!!!
Big hug to u too Krups!! 🙂
You Cried till my mouth went dry.Does that happen??Sameen: Waaaahhhh Waaaahhhh…oops i cant cry anymore. My Mouth is dry.
Only U can say such a thing!!