When I’m so full that I feel like I need a Pensieve I write lists. This happens to be one of those times:
250: The rains have been sporadic, but every time it has poured, Mumbai has looked lovely and content.
249. I finished reading the first unabridged play of my life—The Sea Gull by Anton Chekov—a love story that is inconspicuously so, and is subtle and hitting.
248. Isn’t it difficult to maintain high standards once you’ve reached the top? And if you feel that you’re slipping a panic attack is in order?
247. If there is a reason why you should watch Cars 2 in 3D, then it is for the way Paris has been animated. Paris looks stunning and so very inviting.
246. I can’t wait to see the final Harry Potter movie—Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. I’m sure a lot of people are going to cry.
245. Men can be much much more jealous than women can ever be.
244. I want an iPhone 4, because…”If you don’t have an iPhone…well…you don’t have an iPhone!”
243. Lesson I learnt this week: If you have a lot on your plate, don’t fret, don’t complain, just get yourself a bigger plate!
242. Learning root words can be so much fun. Did you know that the word misanthrope comes from the Greek verb “misien” meaning “to hate” and the Greek word “anthropos” meaning mankind? Therefore, a misanthrope is a person who hates mankind.
241. Sometimes, which is almost all the time, people who matter to you deserve to know how you feel.
240. Transformers 3 was painfully long. And it finally ended when a woman intervened. Moral: A woman can destroy anything. Beware.
239. It is in our capacity to love immensely. It is in our capacity to be jealous. It is in our capacity to care beyond measure. And the truth is that all of this has the capacity to hurt us too.
238. I miss having my close friends around. 😦
237. Recently I saw what is touted as the “best scene of Pyar ka Punchnama”. It is freaking hilarious…and…well, quite true actually! (Yeah I’m late, so what?!)
236. Everytime I walk into a home furnishing store such as @Home, Home Stop or Spaces, I feel like getting buying my own place asap.
235. I asked for a hundred rupees.
I asked for an hour’s time.
I sit here by my window sill,
With hundred rupees that are mine!
When someone gives you their time, be grateful. Money is easy to come by, time isn’t.
234. The gender war is for real. (I never took it seriously until a while ago.)
233. “Russian roulette is not the same without a gun.
And baby when it’s love if it’s not rough it isn’t fun!”
– Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
232. I totally love people who pay attention to detail. In this world of 2 minutes noodles, 3 minutes of popcorn and 5 minutes of fame, it is difficult to find someone who spends a considerable amount of time trying to get something right!
231. I haven’t shopped in ages! And by my standards that is the definition of abstinence!
230. I also want a Volkswagen Polo!!! *cute face*
229. They say, “Follow your heart and you will never go wrong!” But what do you do when you have no idea where your heart is?
228. There has to be a work-life balance. Imperative. Because if you don’t maintain it, getting consumed by work is like being stuck in sinking sand with no one around to throw you a rope. And boy, are you doomed after that!
227. It’s been a while since I went down to South Mumbai!
226. I’ve ordered myself a bigger plate!
P. S: I wrote this list a week ago. Back then 13/7 was not even anticipated. Now that it has happened, I would like to say to the government, “Even if you won’t let the people of Mumbai live in peace, you can at least let us die in peace!”